Terms of Service
1. Comments and Reviews. When you access the Site and/or Services, you obtain access to various kinds of information and materials, all of which we call “Content.” You are entirely responsible for each individual item of Content that you post on the Site and, as between you and us, you retain ownership and any intellectual property rights in the Content you post. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, fully sublicenseable, worldwide license, under any and all of your copyright and other intellectual property rights related to that Content. You agree that any such Content or any derivative works thereof, except for any personally identifiable information you submit as part of an Order (defined below), may be disseminated, distributed, publicly displayed, reproduced, used, sublicensed, posted, or published by us, and searched, displayed, printed or otherwise used or exploited by our customers. To the extent you include personally identifiable information in forums on the Site, we will not be liable for such disclosure.
As a WetFeet user, you are allowed and encouraged to:
- Provide your perspective and feedback on the advice and information you read about on WetFeet.com
- Establish new professional contacts with users on the site
- Market yourself professionally in relevant comment strands
- Post messages that contain non-commercial advertising, such as links to current studies of scientific research and the like, if they are relevant to the WetFeet content or discussion, or been approved by a moderator.
- Advertise events if they are free and the topic is networking and career, or it is approved by a moderator.
As a WetFeet user, you represent and warrant that you will not:
- Advertise your own business
- Using the community to engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as pyramid schemes
- Using the Forum for commercial use, sale or marketing of the company, Guides or services.
- Post content that is vulgar, hateful, racist, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory
- Bully, intimidate, or harass any user
- Harass or stalk other users
- Spread false rumors or claims about a company or user
- Upload any computer viruses, malware, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information
- Infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others
- Violate the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties or any other law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- Disclose hidden information about other users’ personal identity, clubs, etc.
- Use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit: (a) any portion of the Site or Services; (b) your use of the Site or Services, or (c) your access to the Site or Services, in each case for any purpose other than for which the Site or Services are being provided to you
- Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Site or Services;
- Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors
- Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Site and Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Site or Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site or Services, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site
- Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Site or Services to which you do not possess access rights
- Mirror or frame the Site or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Site or Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts)
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Behave on the Internet as you would in daily life
- Use common sense when you socialize online
- Do not abuse the power you have
- Take care of your personal identity and integrity
- Respect others’ privacy and integrity
- Do not spread spam and other unwanted material
- Be involved in combating the abuse of services
- Do not forget the person behind the computer
- In discussions, no one is definitely right or wrong
- Email our editors with questions or comments, rather than posting rants or negative feedback where people really just want advice and insight
- If editors, customer support, or another user doesn’t get back to you the first time, try again. But not again and again and again.
- Stick to the topic– If you have a question related to a different topic than the article or blog post you’re on, find and post on an appropriate article
- Cross-posting is prohibited - to cross-post, i.e. post the same posts on multiple pages, is not allowed.
- You are personally liable for what you write and upload to the site.
- The content you post online is there forever and can be spread without your control.
- Material that you write can be viewed by all WetFeet visitors and Facebook friends, can be reached through search engines, and may be republished in WetFeet Magazine and the WetFeet newsletter.
- Universum reserves the right to blacklist a user from commenting on WetFeet and delete comments if in violation of any of our rules of etiquette. We cooperate with authorities when required.
- Pricing. Guides displayed may be out-of-stock (if in print) or discontinued, and prices are subject to change. We cannot confirm the price of a Guide until you place an Order. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our Site may be mispriced. We are not responsible for typographical errors regarding price or any other matter. All prices do not include shipping and handling or sales taxes, if applicable, which will be added to your total purchase price. You are responsible for the payment of any shipping and handling charges and state and local sales or use taxes that may apply to your Order.
- University Affiliation. If your Account is affiliated with one of our partner universities, you may be entitled to receive Guides at a discounted price or at no cost to you. When you create an Account, we will verify your affiliation with such university. We will make such determination in our sole discretion. Once your affiliation is verified, the appropriate pricing for the Guides in your cart will be displayed.
- Shipping and handling. We will use reasonable efforts to ship your printed Guide(s) within 2 business days of accepting your order, and the Guides should arrive within the parameters mentioned for the shipping option you chose. If it does not, let us know. We are not responsible for any shipping delays by our carriers. All Guides shall be deemed accepted by you upon shipment, and title to the and risk of loss passes to you when WetFeet provides the Guide(s) to a common carrier.
- Promos. All promo codes will include an expiration date and only be honored through that expiration date. Unless otherwise indicated, we may establish and modify, in our sole discretion, the terms of such offer and end such offer at any point.
- Restrictions. You may not: (i) use a Guide to develop any content, offerings, or products competitive with any Guide or otherwise similar thereto; (ii) reproduce (except for a single backup or archival copy), republish, modify or alter the Guide; (iii) distribute or sell, rent, lease, license or otherwise make the Guide available to others, or transfer title thereto; or (iv) otherwise remove any text, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Guide. Any copy of the Guide or portion thereof must include all copyright and other proprietary notices, information, and restrictions contained therein, and you must abide by the foregoing notices and restrictions.
- Intellectual Property Protection. Guides are owned by Universum and protected by United States and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. Universum reserves all right, title and interest in and to the Guides not expressly granted herein. This license and your right to use a Guide terminates automatically if you violate any part of this Agreement. In the event of termination for such breach, you must destroy the original and all copies of any Guides you have purchased.
6. Facebook: In using certain Services, you authorize us to act on your behalf to access and interact with Facebook to retrieve information from, and submit information to, Facebook at your request. We will not collect your username and password to Facebook, and we will instead store the unique authorization code (or a “token”) provided to us by Facebook to access it on your behalf. You can revoke our access to Facebook at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on Facebook. You should note that Facebook may change or amend its guidelines and our access to Facebook at any time, and we cannot guarantee that our Services will always include a connection to Facebook.
8. Feedback. In the event that you provide us any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggested improvements or other feedback related to Guides, the Site or the Services (collectively “Feedback”), you agree we may use the Feedback to modify our Guides and Services and that you will not be due any compensation, including any royalty related to the product or service that incorporates your Feedback. You grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, perform, display, import, sell, offer for sale, make, have made and otherwise exploit the Feedback in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to allow others to do the same. This is true whether you provide the Feedback on the Site or through any other method of communication with us, unless we have entered into a separate agreement with you that provides otherwise.
9. Modifications to the Site or Services. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Site or Services with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Site and/or Services. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Site or Services. Continued access to the Site or Services following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Site or Services as so modified. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Site and Services at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES.
11. Surveys. Members will occasionally be invited to participate in surveys. These surveys are important sources of information which benefit all members by providing reference data in inter alia their career profiles. Taking part in such surveys makes the activity level bar on the user’s career profile grow. When invited to a survey, a member is provided with a link that gives him/her access to the survey. Members undertake not to provide access to the link to any third party and to store the link in such a way that no other person may obtain access to it. Nor may a member use another person's membership or the unique link belonging to it. Members undertake to advise Universum immediately if there is any suspicion that a third party has obtained access to or used a member's personal link.
13. Limitation of Liability. We know this next section is all in capital letters, but our lawyers wrote it that way. They told us that it was important. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY WILLING TO SELL THE GUIDES AND PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE SITE AND SERVICES IF YOU AGREE TO CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND TO THIRD PARTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR TO ACCESS, THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE RETURN POLICY SECTION ABOVE, IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES IS LIMITED, IN AGGREGATE, TO THE GREATER OF (I) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF YOUR ORDERS IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO OUR LIABILITY AND (II) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (U.S. $100.00).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT THAT WE MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR LIMIT LIABILITIES, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY AND THE EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY WILL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR LICENSORS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACTS OF NATURE, FORCES, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INTERNET FAILURES, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT FAILURES, OTHER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, ELECTRICAL POWER FAILURES, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, INSURRECTIONS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, FIRES, FLOODS, STORMS, EXPLOSIONS, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, ORDERS OF DOMESTIC OR FOREIGN COURTS OR TRIBUNALS, OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY IN INDIVIDUAL CASES. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. TO THE EXTENT THAT WE MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY WILL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
14. Release. You hereby release WetFeet, its officers, employees, agents and successors from claims, demands any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from (i) your use of the Site, or (ii) your purchase of any Guide(s). You hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor" and you waive any other similar provision of the laws of any other applicable jurisdiction.
15. Copyright Violations. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site or Services;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site or the Services can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: February 19, 2013.