Top Ten Things Interviewers Want to See in a Resume
Want to know what interviewers are thinking when they're reviewing your resume? Here's what recruiting insiders told us they want to see reflected in a resume:
10. A well-rounded candidate
9. Something that makes you stand out from all the other Stanford/Harvard/Wharton graduates.
8. A balance of work (or academic)/life experiences-as if we bankers really know what that means!
7. Experience in my current client's industry and immediate availability.
6. You're assuming I actually get a chance to read resumes.
5. Someone who went to my alma mater. Not that I'm biased.
4. I'll know it when I see it.
3. An indication that the person is breathing.
2. Evidence that you'll be willing to spend every weekend in the office (without complaining).
1. A typo—so I can throw it out.