Critiquing the Origins of Job Interviewing
For a caveman with no interview etiquette training, he did pretty well. (Notice the wink at :49 seconds?) But like most any interview candidate, this jobseeker could improve his story and his delivery.Here’s where he slipped up:
- Appearance: Where’s the suit? But based on the article, “Dressing for Success in Interviews,” I guess he landed the “culture” aspect.
- No handshake. Know your handshake etiquette and show off your professionalism.
- He wasn’t aware of the available position. (They didn’t want hunters…)
- He flubbed the “Where do you see yourself in fifty moons time?” question. He should have read this article first.
- He lied about his past work experience. (Remember, it’s a small world—lying will catch up to you.)
Though this caveman didn’t save himself, read “Interview Disaster Relief” and find out how you can salvage a job interview when it goes astray.